Support for charities
The Viridor Charitable Donations Committee have recently changed our charitable donations process to align our process across the Pennon Group, and therefore will no longer be accepting Viridor charitable donation application forms.
We are committed to supporting local charitable causes and have selected, with the help of our employees, 12 charity partners with strong links to our operational areas and to our charitable donations criteria.
Our selected charities will be the focus for our charitable giving and partnership working to benefit communities:
This new approach means that we will be able to maximise the community benefits of our charitable donations, albeit working with a smaller number of partner organisations.
We are committed to providing community investment and benefit. We will continue to encourage and support our employees with their local charity fundraising efforts. We currently have community partnerships with The Somerset Wildlife Trust, Carymoor Environmental Trust and GO4SET and a number of commercial sponsorships in place.
Other community funding opportunities available:
- Viridor Credits - Viridor Credits funds community, heritage and biodiversity projects through the Landfill Communities Fund and Scottish Landfill Communities Fund.
- Pennon Environmental Fund - The Pennon Environmental Fund (PEF) was set up in 1999 to distribute awards from the Landfill Communities Fund for qualifying projects across the South West of England.
- The Viridor & Prosiect Gwyrdd Community Fund - Provides financial support to community initiatives in South East Wales that operate in the Local Authority regions that make up Prosiect Gwyrdd; Caerphilly County Borough Council, City of Cardiff Council, Monmouthshire County Council, Newport City Council and Vale of Glamorgan Council.
- Peterborough Community Fund - Supports the activities of local community associations and projects.
- Beddington Community Fund - Supports the activities of local community associations and projects.
For more information about our charity partnerships please contact: email@example.com